Job Description: This role will lead and drive progress towards the Timberland S&R strategy around the 3 main pillars: Outdoors, Product, Community.
- Ensure S&R is an integrated part of Timberland Europe and VF International strategic plans
- Coordinate regularly with Timberland Corporate team in New Hampshire, US, to ensure alignment with Global S&R Strategy and overall brand vision
- Ensure accurate quarterly reporting on the S&R metrics for the EMEA regionCommunity Engagement / Employee Engagement:
- Manage community programs, donations and the brand’s annual grant program My Playgreen to improve the access to greenspaces and nature for children in Europe’s largest cities
- Be a community service champion and work closely with HR and the business units to inform, inspire and engage employees into Timberland’s Path of Service™
- Lead the European team of Global Stewards and equip them employees to progress the S&R agenda locally
- Work closely with and provide S&R support to the product teams – specifically the global apparel design team based out of the EU headquarter in Switzerland – to ensure the delivery of Timberland Environmental Product Standards (TEPS)
- Participate into Timberland’s Green Working Group
- Ensure the brand moves towards a more circular model and works closely with Retail to monitor the take back program Second ChanceSustainable Operations
- Identify operational efficiency opportunities to avoid waste, reduce energy consumption and shift to renewable power in alignment with VF’s corporate goals
- Align with Supply Chain on S&R related topics to prevent issues, manage risks and coordinate projects (Sourcing, Operations, Social Compliance, etc.)
- Promote opportunities for employees to participate in green office and facility initiatives, commuter programs, etc.Communications
- Establish a strong partnership with Marketing, Retail and Sales to deliver information on S&R strategy and programs to customers and consumers to build a transparent and trustworthy relationship
- Work closely with Marketing and Retail to ensure strong integration of S&R messages across marketing initiatives
- Be an internal and external spoke person for the brand values and represent TBL at European sustainability conferences and industry workshops, support stakeholder engagement, etc.
Innovation & Circularity: Help to drive TBL Innovation around S&R. Support TBL goal to be a leader in this area by bringing best practices and working to solve complex issues and be on the cutting edge.
Corporate Alignment: Participate and contribute to VF’ Sustainability Council and to Stabio’s VF S&R team and Green Team’s efforts.
Best Practices: Identify opportunities and best practices examples using sustainability lens for Energy, Waste, Product and Community, both in Product Development and broader Operations in alignment and coordination with TBL and VF S&R strategy.
Education: Coordinate with L and VF relevant teams’ S&R education programs and trainings to enable employees to deliver against S&R goals.
Supervisor: S&R Sn Director
Direct Reports: n/a
Internal: Brand Marketing, Product teams, Sales, Supply Chain, Global Stewards, Global CSR teams
External: Local communities & networks, represent the Brand within the industry, conferences
• Degree or equivalent work based experience
• English language is essential both written and verbal
• Additional language is an advantage
Additional specific skills:
- 5/7 years’ sustainability experience
- Project delivery experience
- Establishing Strategic Direction: Establishing and committing to a long-term business direction based on an analysis of systemic information and consideration of resources, market drivers, and organizational values.
- Compelling Communication: Clearly and succinctly conveying information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicating in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention.
- Building strategic working relationships: Developing and using collaborative relationships to facilitate the accomplishment of work goals. Proven ability to build strong partnerships and work collaboratively across all levels of stakeholders
- Passion for results: Driving high standards for individual, team, and organizational accomplishment; tenaciously working to meet or exceed challenging goals; deriving satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Driving execution: Translating strategic priorities into operational reality; aligning communication, accountabilities, resource capabilities, internal processes, and ongoing measurement systems to ensure that strategic priorities yield measurable and sustainable results.
- Adaptability: Maintaining effectiveness when experiencing major changes in work responsibilities or environment; adjusting effectively to work within new work structures, processes, requirements, or cultures.
- Facilitating change: Encouraging others to seek opportunities for different and innovative approaches to addressing problems and opportunities; facilitating the implementation and acceptance of change within the workplace.
- Influencing skills: Proven ability to influence and work collaboratively across all levels of the organization.
- International Brand and especially European experience preferable.
Die weltweit bekannte Marke Timberland ist stets bestrebt Qualitätsprodukte zu entwerfen, die dich sowohl in deinen Abenteuern wie auch im alltäglichen Stadtleben begleiten. Die Rede ist hier von einem weltweiten Vorreiter, der neben Schuhwaren und Kleidung auch Accessoires auf hohem qualitativen Niveau vertreibt, wobei eine umweltfreundliche Abwicklung, die internen Werte und die soziale Verantwortung des Unternehmens eine bedeutende Rolle spielen.