Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with its easy route planner. Driven by a love for nature and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, komoot helps you explore more of the great outdoors—wherever and however you want. And we’re good at it. Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times. Today, with over 35 million users and 300,000 five-star reviews, we are well on our way to becoming the most popular app for finding, planning, and sharing adventures worldwide.
Join our 100% remote team and start your adventure with komoot.
About the role
Komoot is the most vibrant outdoor community in the world. As our Senior Android Developer, you’ll team up with Arne, James, Anton, Vladimir, Friederike, and Johannes and work in a small, cross-functional team where you will be responsible for an essential part of our Android app. You’ll release frequently with continuous builds, testing, and direct team feedback, touching nearly everything the Android platform has to offer.
Ready for your next adventure?
What you will do
- You’ll develop innovative new features from the first idea and concept to roadmap planning, implementation, testing, release, and monitoring. These features will change the way millions of people explore the outdoors.
- Make data-driven decisions and feature evaluations using A/B tests
- You’ll be an integral part of one of our cross-functional squads made up of backend, web and mobile developers; designers; copywriters; QA; data analysts; and product experts.
- Release frequently with continuous builds, testing, and direct team feedback.
Why you will love it
- Your work will contribute to helping millions of people enjoy lovely outdoor experiences.
- We’ve been a remote-working company since 2017, meaning: We are remote by default, have frameworks and systems in place, and know how to do it well.
- You’ll become an essential part of our diverse and international team with colleagues based in 15+ countries across Europe.
- You can work from wherever you want, be it a beach, the mountains, your house, or anywhere else that lies in any time zone between UTC-1 and UTC+3.
- 38 paid days off (inclusive public holidays) – you are free to take those days whenever it suits you, including a well-deserved winter holiday break.
- We love seeing people grow. That’s why each team member gets €2,000 and 3 additional days to spend on professional development each year. Classes, conferences, books – your choice!
- Costs covered for your co-working space membership or your work-from-home office setup and the latest devices and equipment to do your best work.
You’ll be successful in this role if you
- Are highly self-driven, responsible, and keen to learn and improve.
- Love to develop awesome products with a focus on great user experiences.
- Have 4+ years of professional experience with developing high-quality production native Android apps.
- Have professional experience with Kotlin.
- Have a solid understanding of reactive programming.
- Know how to build a scalable Android app architecture and can write code that’s readable, well documented, and meaningfully tested.
- Keep your knowledge about Android and Android development up to date and are not afraid to apply it.
- Are comfortable working with a large code base.
- Are a great team player and communicator in a diverse and international remote team.
Not sure if you meet all requirements above? Don’t sweat it – if you think you’re the right person anyway, we’d love to hear from you!
Curious about how we work?
- Core Communication time between 10 am – 3 pm (Berlin Time). We know people have different lifestyles, which is why we have flexible working hours with core time for synchronous interaction. You can organize your workday in the way that best suits you, your family, and your needs.
- We work on a project basis in cross functional teams to ensure that we collaborate on our goals, move forward smoothly with open lines of communication, and achieve results as a team.
- Every Monday morning, we have a whole-company presentation where you hear about projects across the business, inspire each other, and share great work.
- We connect in person at three whole-company gatherings each year in beautiful locations. You can check out this playlist to find out more about how we stay close while being remote.
- We use tools like Trello, Slack, Miro, Zoom, and Google Workspace on a daily basis to stay connected, collaborate easily, and manage projects.
Dive a little deeper and learn…
- More about our team here: Meet the Team
- More about how we work here: How We Work
- More about our recruitment process and FAQs here: FAQs
We support diversity and inclusivity and welcome all prospective applicants. We have an ongoing recruitment process (no deadlines) – if this role is online, it means it’s still open!