Through performance driven design, Salomon delivers innovation and progression to mountain sports; converting new ideas into action and expanding the limits of possibility. Salomon’s heritage, culture, and commitment are tied together by one simple concept: the world’s leading mountain people creating the world’s leading mountain product to play all year round both Summer and Winter with core sports such as Ski, Hiking or Running.
POSITION TITLE: Global Commercial Manager Snowboard (m/f/d)
LOCATION: Garching near Munich, Germany
As Global Commercial Manager Snowboards you will be responsible for the realisation of global brand and category strategy in EMEA. You will define, implement and track the commercial strategy, oversee the EMEA Snowboard Specialty sales group and support other cross functional tasks such as marketing, demand and processes.
- Driving the consistent implementation of the Snowboard (SNB) Business unit (BU) strategy, ensuring that choices are executed in each region
- Ensuring the commercial readiness and channel coverage of the SNB offer according to the BU
- Partnering efficiently with the Brand to ensure delivery of the assets, increase brand equity and customer engagement and growth of revenue
- Reporting on the strategy KPIs for each key business drivers and provide recommendations towards the performance
- Driving Salomon Sales Organization (SSO) key stakeholders collaboration, sharing best practice & learnings
- Liaising with functional teams such as product, brand, demand and SSO
- Partnering with SSO to ensure execution of the business plan with a high focus on the EMEA territory and China, providing insights and learnings on how to improve SNB BU performance
- Collaborating with global Marketing & Commercial team to build midterm revenue streams and commercialize market-winning stories/assortment per strategic partner
- The position has cross-functional mission within the department. He might support or contribute to several project or process that require commercial expertise.
- Previous experience in SNB industry or similar, good knowledge of the industry’s market, culture and channels
- 5+ years international working experience across countries within EMEA
- 5 years degree, Master’s degree in business relevant field
- Good command of MS Office (advanced Excel), experience with BO/BI software is a benefit
- Fluent in English, French is a plus
REQUIRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES:
- Business acumen: ability to combine strategic & financial analysis to identify business opportunities
- Business planning: competence to prepare and implement thorough business plans to ensure delivery of agreed KPIs
- Effective in presenting business strategy to the category sales team and selected accounts
- Ability to lead complex negotiations to build effective joint partnerships
- Change leadership: encouraging and managing the change. Ability to question and adjust behaviour and methods to achieve expected results
- Communication and collaboration: excellent in promoting information sharing and team spirit
WHAT WE CAN DO FOR YOU:
- An interesting role in a challenging industry
- Career progression opportunities
- The opportunity for independent and self-reliant work
- A friendly and vibrant working environment in a dynamic and international team
Please submit your application online. When making the application please state your salary expectation related to this role.
Salomon ist seit 1947 in den französischen Alpen aktiv. Bis heute treiben uns unsere Leidenschaft für Outdoor-Sportarten, neue Technologien und handwerkliches Know-How an, fortschrittliche Ausrüstung nicht nur zu entwickeln, sondern auch permanent zu verbessern. So ermöglichen wir Dir, mit der Natur in Kontakt zu treten, Spaß zu haben und das nächste Level im Sport zu erreichen.