In the frame of our development, we are looking for an Footwear Developer (M/F)
In this position, you will be responsible for:
technical development of an ongoing portfolio of footwear projects, respecting cost and performance objectives, aesthetics and the development calendar,
the completion of product technical files and sample reports, including the coordination of technical product information and clear communication to our supplier partners,
ongoing search for and testing of new materials, research of new fabrication methods and technologies to maximize our ability to bring innovations to the market
communication and liaison with suppliers as necessary to achieve each project’s objectives.
In the frame of these missions, you will ensure:
Modification of technical drawings in Adobe Illustrator, including the adjustment of existing designs and patterns, manipulation of photos, the writing of technical details and product development comments.
Date-focused product development cycle management, including helping the management of the footwear team’s development projects calendar.
Management of materials library and supplier catalogues, ensuring that information and test results on our components and materials are kept up to date.
Assist with lab testing of products and materials as required.
Ongoing general monitoring of outdoor industry market trends, customer and end-user feedback.
Participate in team discussion, contributing to the evolution of both the product range and team methodologies, along with the general ambiance of the footwear team.
Frequent travel to factories (especially in Asia) to help drive the footwear development process.
– Graduate in flexible materials (option footwear) or equivalent and experience of 5 years in a similar position (the majority of which must have specifically been in footwear)
– Eye for detail and good understanding of footwear construction materials and methods
– Very well-organised with a systematic and methodical work approach
– Competent in Adobe Illustrator
– Clear communicator, with good oral and written communication both in English and French
– Team player, with a good ability to adapt
– Knowledge of the outdoor market
– Knowledge of production processes
– Ability to manage stress and maintain a positive life-work balance
– Ability to travel abroad
– Ideally is a climber, skier or practices other mountain sports.
Location : Annecy-Le-Vieux (74 – France) with frequent travel abroad
Type contract : Permanent contract full time
Salary package according to experience and profile
Über Millet Mountain Group
Die Millet Mountain Group mit den Marken Millet, Eider und Lafuma entwickelt innovative Produkte für aktive Menschen. Das Unternehmen hat seinen Hauptsitz in Annecy (Frankreich) und gehört zur CALIDA GROUP.