VANS EMEA is looking for an exceptional Marketplace Merchandising Manager DTC to join our Merchandising team based in Stabio, Switzerland.
Vans® is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, we have thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture.
By joining our family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work hard across a multitude of initiatives to bring the Van Doren Spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Let’s Talk about the Role
In this newly created role you will be responsible for supporting and executing the strategic category direction for Vans Direct to Consumer business through product line management. You will develop and lead the overall merchandising vision for respective business, create seasonal consumer right assortments through choiceful prioritization, segmentation, and differentiation strategies that drive mutual profitability for DTC and the Vans brand holistically.
You will help drive the Go-To-Market process and execution, partnering cross functionally with key stakeholders to further develop a “DTC first” approach from brief to buy placement, ensuring all product strategies and priorities are clearly communicated and effectively implemented.
In addition to mixing the art and science of merchandising, the Marketplace Merchandise Manager will be responsible for having a finger on the pulse of the consumer and marketplace anticipating shifts, pivoting quickly to react. Leveraging data and insights you will be tasked with influencing future assortment direction and identifying closer to market opportunities in response to changing consumer needs, whilst supporting both short term tactics and mid to long-term strategy.
How You Will Make a Difference
You will achieve this by:
- Partnering with the Senior Manager of MPM_DTC in the specific ownership of the EMEA Marketplace Merchandising Strategy for DTC models (O&O Stores, E.Com, PSS Partners, Physical & Digital Concessions) supporting the seasonal vision and Go-to-Market process through consumer-centric seasonal EMEA Range Planning and Market-Specific strategies, that are aligned with the overall Brand and Product Global/Regional strategies and visions.
- Collaborating with the wider MPM team help to drive out a holistic consumer centric marketplace vison across EMEA, ensuring together all channels are carrying commercial, brand-right seasonal collections that incorporate all key product strategic priorities and push the brand forward.
- Working with DTC counterparts (all models) in identifying growth opportunities and translating them into concrete “Range Plan and SMU” strategies to leverage sales growth through a comprehensive offering that supports financial targets and the brand heritage
- Driving clear EMEA Marketplace segmentation and differentiation strategies through DTC first mindset in collaboration with Merchandising counterparts (PM, MPM & RPC etc.) whilst ensuring to amplify key products, concepts, and stories across DTC models.
- Visiting different markets to maintain / grow understanding of geographical differences. Attending trade shows, market presentations, DTC store visits and wider marketplace trend/market research trips.
- Contributing new ideas, ways of thinking and working. Champion ‘Test and Learn’ to find new and innovative ways to bring product to market
- In collaboration with MPM counterparts and Senior Manager MPM_DTC supporting the on-going review of MPM systems and processes to ensure their relevance, effectiveness and flexibility to be able to respond to the changing needs of the business working cross functionally to improve / evolve existing processes with the ultimate goals of driving efficiency (where applicable)
- Driving all necessary seasonal analysis (EG: Capacity, Productivity, Sell-Out etc.) to effectively inform future product needs for DTC.
- Encourage and maintain a tight feedback loop amongst cross-functional partners. Understand and embrace industry, consumer, and culture, including our marketplace positioning.
- Leveraging data and seasonal sell out performance, identifying key opportunities and influencing future assortment direction. In collaboration with PM and RPC unlock speed to market / short Leadtime opportunities in response to changing consumer needs, whilst supporting both short term tactics and long-term strategy
Skills for Success
You are an effective communicator and presenter who possesses a deep understanding of consumer preferences across EMEA marketplace, emphasizes accountability in decisions, promotes continuous improvement and motivation via proven strong leadership.
- A minimum 4-6 years’ experience in Buying, Merchandising, product line management as manager or senior buyer in the fashion industry
- Experience working with DTC business models multi-store and Ecom experience is essential (minimum 3 years)
- Strong experience of Apparel product creation on an international level, knowledge of Multicategory and/or FTW is advantageous
- A strong discernment to quickly identify new business opportunities; ability to convert into a clear, actionable business strategy
- An expertise in EMEA Brand and International Markets experience (ideally at HQ-level), knowledge of varying levels of distribution is advantageous
- The ability to motivate and influence cross-functional departments collaboratively working to drive results, great networker with strong influencing skills
- A demonstrated ability to coach and develop others together with a strong sense of team player mindset
- Proven ability to manage, interpret and report on financial metrics such as margin, style (SKU) productivity
- The capability to adapt to change quickly, work in a fast-paced environment and be comfortable in self-starter environment
- Fluent in English, both written and verbal
- The ability to act as an ambassador for the company values by demonstrating positive leadership behaviors that reflect the company culture
A formal education and subsequent University Bachelor or Master’s degree in Fashion or Retail Merchandising highly preferred, but we are most interested in your total experience and professional achievements.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling. Learn more at vfc.com
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package.
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
This post is not eligible for relocation support
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!