Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s Komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all. And we’re good at what we do: Google and Apple have listed us as one of their Apps of the Year numerous times!
Today, with over 23 million users and 100,000 five-star reviews, Komoot is well on its way to becoming the most popular cycling and hiking app for people who love adventures worldwide.
Join our fully remote team and change the way people explore!
About the role
Our Community team works with some of the most interesting ambassadors, influencers, events, and local partners across Europe. Placing komoot firmly at the heart of the coolest adventures happening in cycling and outdoor communities. Join our growing team of cycling and outdoor experts who care about their sport and communities as much as you do.
We are on the lookout for an outstanding cycling Community Manager to join our growing UK team on our mission to make komoot the go-to platform for cyclists and hikers. You’ll work closely with Grace, our Community Manager for hiking, and Rob our Senior Media Manager to work on impactful campaigns and projects across the UK.
You will have responsibility for supporting a variety of existing gravel, bikepacking, road and MTB communities around the UK. If you are an active part of cycling communities and love interacting with people in real life and online this might be the job you’re looking for.
Ready for your next adventure?
Employment Type: Full – Time; Permanent
Location: Any location in UK
What you will do
- Build a strong community of adventurous gravel, bikepacking, road and MTB cyclists.
- Attend events, plan rides and meetups to grow our community.
- Select the events we should sponsor and plan on-site komoot activation
- Identify ambassadors we should work with and support their adventures
- Support our influencer campaigns, approach potential influencers, convince them to become komoot users and potentially turn them into brand ambassadors.
- Support our PR team in planning media campaigns and event schedules.
- Uncover the most exciting people and their adventures for use in our marketing materials from social posts to newsletters.
- Team up with our support team to assist users when they run into technical problems.
Why you’ll love it
- You’ll work with a community of enthusiastic cyclists and mountain bikers.
- Enjoy the freedom to work wherever you want within the UK, be it from your home, on the beach or in the hills.
- You’ll work in a fast-paced startup with strongly motivated and talented co-workers.
- You’ll enjoy the freedom to organize yourself the way you want and work with modern tools that you’ll love.
- You’ll join us for team gatherings in locations like Morocco, Mallorca or the Bavarian Alps several times a year.
You will be successful in this position if you
- Have 2+ years of experience as a community manager.
- Are located in the UK and are well-connected in the cycling community.
- Are outgoing and enjoy interacting with people.
- Have strong written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Are digitally savvy and know how to leverage digital tools.
- Are self-motivated and extremely organized with a high attention to detail.
- Are naturally curious, eager to learn and love to work in an open-minded and diverse team.
Sound like you?
- Then send us the following:
- A CV (in English) highlighting your relevant experience.
- A little note on why you are interested in working at komoot.
- Examples of your work: Tell us a bit about community management projects you’ve worked on in the past. (you can add the links to your Cover Letter)
- Share your Twitter, Instagram, blog or your website with us so we can get a feel for your interests. (You can add the links to your Cover Letter)
- A link to your komoot profile showing your favorite outdoor spot.
- Bonus if you do something creative with komoot. We love it when people go one step further!
Curious to find out more about our recruitment process?
- Find out more info here: https://www.komoot.com/jobs-process
- At komoot we want to make great adventures accessible to everyone. We support diversity and inclusivity within the outdoors and welcome all prospective applicants.
- We have a rolling recruitment process. If this role is online it means it’s still open. We’re accepting applications and actively looking for the perfect candidate. Is it you?
- Dedicated time and budget to spend on classes, events, conferences, boot camps, or books for your curiosity and personal development, you decide!
- Get access to generous discounts from leading outdoor and cycling brands and more
- Flexible working hours and locations
- 3 all- expenses paid Company gatherings per year
- The latest devices and equipment
- And more!
Komoot is an app that lets you find, plan, and share adventures with the easy route planner. Driven by a desire to explore, and powered by the outdoor community’s recommendations, it’s komoot’s mission to inspire great adventures making them accessible to all.