Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Data engineer builds and optimizes the systems that allow perform proper analytics. They are responsible for the accuracy of the data as well as making it accessible to individuals who need to work with it. The data engineer ensures that any data is properly received, transformed, stored, and made accessible to other users.
- Evaluates the need for analytics, assesses the problems to be solved and what internal or external data sources to use or acquire.
- Specifies and applies appropriate mathematical, statistical, predictive modelling or machine-learning techniques to analyze data, generate insights, create value and support decision-making.
- Manages reviews of the benefits and value of analytics techniques and tools and recommends improvements.
- Contributes to the development of analytics policy, standards and guidelines. Consultancy
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited. Specialist advice
- Actively maintains recognized expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organizational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organization. Emerging technology monitoring
- Monitors the external environment to gather intelligence on emerging technologies.
- Assesses and documents the impacts, threats and opportunities to the organization.
- Creates reports and technology roadmaps and shares knowledge and insights with others. Data modelling & design
- Sets standards for data modelling and design tools and techniques, advises on their application, and ensures compliance.
- Manages the investigation of corporate data requirements, and co-ordinates the application of data analysis, design and modelling techniques, based upon a detailed understanding of the corporate information requirements, in order to establish, modify or maintain data structures and their associated components (entity descriptions, relationship descriptions, attribute definitions).
- Manages the iteration, review and maintenance of data requirements and data models. Database design
- Provides expert guidance in the selection, provision and use of database and data warehouse architectures, software and facilities.
- Provides specialist expertise in the design characteristics of database management systems (DBMS) or data warehouse products/services.
- Ensures that physical database design policy supports transactional data requirements for performance and availability.
- Ensures that data warehouse design policy supports demands for business intelligence and data analytics. Programming/software development
- Takes technical responsibility across all stages and iterations of software development. Plans and drives software construction activities.
- Adopts and adapts appropriate software development methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Measures and monitors applications of project/team standards for software construction including software security.
- Contributes to the development of organizational policies, standards, and guidelines for software development. Testing
- Coordinates and manages planning of the system and/or acceptance tests, including software security testing, within a development or integration project or program.
- Takes responsibility for integrity of testing and acceptance activities and coordinates the execution of these activities.
- Provides authoritative advice and guidance on any aspect of test planning and execution.
- Defines and communicates the test strategy for the project.
- Manages all test processes, including test plans, resources, costs, timescales, test deliverables and traceability.
- Manages client relationships with respect to testing matters.
- Identifies process improvements, and contributes to corporate testing standards and definition of best practice. Relationship management
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information. Data management
- Takes responsibility for the accessibility, retrievability, security, quality, retention and ethical handling of specific subsets of data.
- Assesses the integrity of data from multiple sources.
- Provides advice on the transformation of data/information from one format or medium to another.
- Maintains and implements information handling procedures.
- Enables the availability, integrity and searchability of information through the application of formal data and metadata structures and protection measures.
- Manipulates specific data from information services, to satisfy defined information needs.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Supports resource planning and may have full responsibility in recruiting process.
- Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
- Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR (Senior) Management
- Controlling Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 10 -year experience in IT
- 7 years of experience in relevant area
- 5 years of experience in team management including professional
- International Experience – ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles for multiple years and has functional/market experience in projects with a local/global perspective
- Participated in a global project execution/ significant contribution to local/functional project
Die Tochterfirma der Adidas Group, die bestrebt ist weltweit Marktführer in der Sportbranche mit Marken wie Adidas, Reebok, Rockport, Taylor Made und Adidas France, zu sein, bietet eine große Auswahl an sportgebundenen Artikeln. Die Produkte der Firma und dessen Marken sind durch den globalen Wettbewerb beeinflusst, behalten jedoch stets ihre „Lifestyle“ – und „Streetwear“ – optik.
Adidas bringt dem Sport eine große Leidenschaft entgegen und verbindet diese mit einem starken Teamgeist während des kontinuierlichen Prozesses der Markterschliessung. Durch die internationale Ausrichtung der Firmenkonzepte und einer internen Dynamik, profitiert die Entwicklung der Marken deutlich. Über die innovativen Projekte werden sowohl Leidenschaft und auch essentielle Werte eingebettet