VF International is looking for a Cloud Operations Engineer who will be an integral member of VF’s Cloud Infrastructure team, based in Stabio, Switzerland.
VF is a global apparel company connecting people to the lifestyles they cherish through our family of iconic brands. At the heart of our journey lies our purpose: We power movements of sustainable and active lifestyles for the betterment of people and our planet. This is our purpose. It’s the reason we come to work every day. Our purpose unites us and leads us to pursue our goals, together. This is our calling.
Let's talk about the role
As the Cloud Operations Engineer you will be responsible for engineering, delivering and supporting cloud infrastructure workloads on Azure and AWS cloud platforms.
How you will make a difference:
You will design and deliver cloud infrastructure services (Azure/AWS) as well as:
- Provide technical administration and expertise for Windows/Linux servers and containers running in cloud
- Perform security hardening, health checking & vulnerability remediation activities on servers
- Working with support escalations, monitoring service level objectives (SLOs) and performance tuning.
- Perform operational activities for server infrastructure such as monitoring, backup and recovery
- Participate in the Change Management process: creating new change requests, reviewing submitted change forms, verify submitted change request information is complete, stage, and/or implement changes to server and cloud infrastructure; Update design documentation as required
- Prepare and update infrastructure documentation including diagrams
- Perform additional duties as assigned, such as participating in 24×7 on-call rotation
- Participate in the development and delivery of Continuous Infrastructure Automation platform.
What you need to succeed:
- Experience with public cloud offerings such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure (5+ years)
- High aptitude for learning modern practices & technologies, such as GitOps (IaC, CI/CD) to manage infrastructure
- Experience with GitOps tooling such as Ansible, Jenkins, Bitbucket
- Significant experience with Windows and Linux administration and engineering
- Experience with infrastructure scripting languages (PowerShell, Bash, Python, etc.)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with the cloud networking concepts and tools
- Familiarity with cloud database as a service (Cosmos DB, Azure SQL, RDS, etc)
- Strong knowledge of ITIL, SDLC, DevOps and agile processes and practices
- Experience following enterprise change and release management processes
- Broad knowledge of SRE framework for monitoring of golden signals and applicable tools
- Excellent problem-solving skills and an ability to find, troubleshoot, and resolve issues using whatever outside resources (i.e. research) are required.
- Requires some degree of sitting (for prolonged periods of time), standing, lifting, carrying pushing, pulling more than 20 lbs.
- May require extended work hours including participation in on-call rotations.
- Travel by air and overnight, as required less than 25% amount of time.
What’s in it For You
We’re in the business of unleashing human potential, driven by the ideas, energy and commitment of our people. That’s why we offer comprehensive benefits that encourage mental, physical and financial well-being for all VF associates. When it comes to benefits, we’re the total package:
- A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
- An inclusive international environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
- Be part of an iconic lifestyle brand in a multi brand, multi countries organization
- On site gym offering health and well-being initiatives
- A discount card with 50% on all VF brands
- Subsidised canteen and break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Free to Be, Inclusion & Diversity
As a purpose-led, performance driven company, we strive to foster a culture of belonging based on respect, connection, openness and authenticity. We are committed to building and maintaining a workplace that celebrates the diversity of our associates, allowing them to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
As an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer, VF is committed to support disadvantaged groups whilst providing equal opportunities for both VF associates and applicants alike.
If you like what you have read and want to join our team then we would like to hear from you!