This an exciting opportunity for a smart, creative and ambitious brand marketer to take a leading role in the global success of Bikmo, building a brand that evokes the passion our sector thrives on, and stands the test of time. We will elevate our brand to become the most visible and respected insurance brand within the bike and adventure sports world.
Reporting to the CEO, your role is to build Bikmo into a global brand with the same level of trust, visibility and devotion as the leading brands within the bike and adventure sports space.
- Take ownership of all aspects of the Bikmo brand from visual creative, tone of voice and communications – ensuring any interaction is consistent and on brand regardless of location and language.
- Be able to work creatively with limited budgets to achieve brand visibility and policy sales within CPA targets.
- Through intelligent data-driven PR and communications, make Bikmo the most talked about insurance brand within the bike and adventure sports world.
- Work with the partnerships team to build out campaigns that satisfy partner requirements as well as building the Bikmo brand.
- Work with the product and supporting teams to develop new market opportunities and strategies for how to dominate markets.
- Lead and develop a team to deliver the marketing function across all territories.
- Build out a network of creatives and service partners to fill the skills gaps in the team.
- Ensure we stay ahead of the curve with new marketing technologies.
Skills and experience
- Experienced brand professional – having built brands across multiple territories.
- Brand led – connecting with our audience and inspiring them to choose and share Bikmo.
- Creative – getting our message across with words/image/video/everything!
- Innovative + ambitious – how do we create a big impact on limited budgets? We like bold.
- Work with start-up budgets to deliver big scale marketing campaigns, coverage and brand awareness.
- Data focussed – you know data, understand key metrics and are nimble in GA and other tools.
- FB + Adwords fluent – understand and manage targeting, audiences and campaigns.
- Exceptional time management, communication and dealing with pressure is a given.
- English fluency is mandatory.
- German fluency is preferred.
- Willing to live in the most stunning mountainous areas the planet has to offer.
Salary + details
This is a full time role, Monday to Friday. The working location is flexible – we have bases in Chester and Innsbruck, one of which you would be required to be at regularly, and you would be required to spend time with teams at both locations each quarter.
We offer a competitive salary, with bi-annual reviews and no annual cap on increases. As a growing business, our benefit structure is under review and will include a share options scheme and holiday entitlement boost.
In addition to the ability to remote work, we also offer the following standard benefits;
- 29 days holiday per year plus public holidays
- 2 ride days + 2 volunteering days per year
- Training budget of up to £500/€580 per year
- Zero commission Bikmo insurance for you and your bikes*
- Mobile phone insurance + extra discounts and benefits through Perkbox*
- £100/€120 of Bikmo Team kit
- Access to Bikmo cycle trade accounts for bikes + kit at trade prices!
- 1 x annual membership to a sporting organisation/governing body (British Cycling / Cycling UK / Austrian Alpenverein / ADFC etc) up to £100/€120.
*All subject to eligibility criteria.
Bikmo is a fast-growth tech-enabled sports insurer, with a simple mission to provide exceptional services that enable our customers to spend more time exploring the great outdoors.
Focussed initially on the cycling sector, we’re now live in the UK, Ireland, Germany and Austria and by utilising sector expertise, technology, a love for the sport and an open approach to data, we’ve won customers, partners, awards and 5-star reviews.
We count the likes of ADAC, British Cycling, Deliveroo, Brompton, BMW and Bikemap amongst our partners. Our vision is to become as synonymous for what we do in adventure sports as GoPro for cameras, Oakley for eyewear or Strava for tracking.
We’ve developed Bikmo into a sustainable business on a shoestring, achieving strong growth, winning great partners and a loyal following.
UK : https://bikmo.com
DE+AT : https://bikmo.de
IE : https://bikmo.ie
Instagram : https://www.instagram.com/ridebikmo/
Dave George, CEO of Bikmo, will be at ISPO on the 27th and 28th January 2020. If you would like to arrange time to meet him at ISPO to discuss this role, please email him directly on [email protected] Otherwise please apply through the link above.