Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
We’re looking for an outstanding Credit Controller fluent in both English and German to join our VF and Vans Credit team in Calverton, Nottingham, UK.
You may ask “Just who is VF?”. Well, we are the global company behind some of the world’s leading lifestyle brands. Household names such as Vans, Timberland, The North Face, Napapijri, Eastpak and Kipling.
As one of the largest apparel providers in the world, we are passionate about finding great people to join our extended family.
Let’s talk about the role!
As a Credit Controller you will play a key role in managing major European online and high street retail customer accounts throughout the DACH region.
We expect that our Credit Controllers deliver unbeatable results whilst also fulfilling the following aspects of the role:
* Communicating with customers in their native language, over the phone and by email to discuss payments, credit terms and to resolve any queries
* Chasing debt to achieve department targets and to effectively clear disputes
* Controlling the customer database and maintaining up to date files
* Discussing credit limits and escalating debt up to and including the litigation team
* Assessing and reviewing credit limits to provide the best customer service.
How you’ll make a difference…
* You are fluent in both English and German
* You are financially and commercially aware with excellent numeracy skills
* You are highly customer focussed and results driven to resolve queries
* You are computer literate, with proficiency in Excel.
What’s in it for you?
Most companies like to say they offer a competitive salary, an amazing benefit and pension scheme as well as staff discounts (btw we offer 50%!). We also do this, only quite different. Because it’s not just our products which set us apart from others. It’s our people and we believe they deserve to be nurtured and looked after.
That’s why, on top of the usual benefits, we offer much more:
* Career ownership, enabling you to build your knowledge and experience across different brands and even different countries
* A supportive feedback-based culture where respect and integrity guide us in what we do
* Tailored training. From a thorough induction to ongoing online and face-to-face training, we are committed to helping you grow, both professionally and personally.
* An inclusive environment where people of diverse backgrounds, lifestyles and nationalities love working together
* Health and wellbeing initiatives
* Subsidised canteen as well as break out areas offering complimentary hot drinks
Vans is the original action sports footwear company rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through Vans’ four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans our culture sets us apart and it influences everything we do. Everything we do supports creativity and we are driven by our five values. We are determined. We are connected to our consumers and to each other. We are inclusive. We are expressive and Fun. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, the world’s largest apparel and footwear company comprised of over 30 brands. We are the leading drivers of retail as our global footwear, apparel and accessory brand is available in 170 countries worldwide. As we continue to expand, we take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Die Van Doren Rubber Company wurde 1966 in Kalifornien gegründet. Bereits nach wenigen Jahren galt der Van Schuh in der Skate-Kultur als Lieblingsstück vieler (Skate-)sportbegeisterte. Auch heute noch verkörpert Vans den Look Südkaliforniens.
Mit mehr als 40 Jahren Erfahrung bietet Vans heutzutage neben den Schuhwaren auch Kleidung, Accessoires, Snowboardausrüstung- und Bekleidung, sowie Pro-Tec Produkte an. Vans hat inzwischen eine beeinflussende Position in der Sportindustrie eingenommen, die den Lifestyle internationaler Kunden anspricht.